Today the range of online hackers is rapidly extended, similar to the range of means of protection from break-in attempts. By this reason the owner of web resource must often be aware of the latest technologies from both sides in order to have ability to arrange an efficient site security system, using effective methods and resources against hackers attacks. Otherwise the stability of resource work cannot be guaranteed. What is worse, as a result of successful hacker actions confidential information will get into the violators’ hands and become a tool for financial fraud. As a rule the most important value for hackers is bank and personal details of the website owner. Stealing such data can do material damage to the website owner and even to its visitors. Financial data of entities and persons is highly expensive on the black informational market. It is used for stealing funds from personal bank accounts and arranging commercial espionage, competition pressure and blackmailing.
When arranging a complex of measures for web resource protection from hackers an owner must take care about:
- Credit cards and money transaction details. These data are the priority target of hackers. And the most of modern samples of malware are developed for stealing them.
- Login and password providing administrative permissions for web resource functionality management. It is worth mentioning that hosting provider’s employees will never request the customer’s account details. The company has other means for providing website technical security.
- Personal and contact information. The base of phone numbers and email addresses, as well as physical addresses is a very popular resource for hackers. All this data can be used for creating a spam mailout.
- Important confidential information whose disclosure can lead to critical consequences. Accounting reports, technical and judicial documentation usually belong to this category. Protection of such data becomes especially important when the web resource is used for work-related purposes providing the functioning of important corporate services and applications.
This is only a short list of aspects a website owner should pay attention to. Website hacking is the loss of control under online project management that is not always obvious for its owner. This means that the consequences of hacker attack can reveal themselves at any moment by opening the breaches of informational structure in the most inappropriate moment. This way it will compromise the reputation and prosperity of the owner.
The website security means for the most popular kinds of attacks
Placing the file system of any web resource implies the hosting service. The same is related to the sphere of secured storage of sensitive corporate information. The client rents environment on memory drives and compute capacities of the physical dedicated server. In its turn a hosting-provider provides a customer with resources for remote access and full permissions for deep administering: the installation of any applications and details setup of their functions. But the provider arranges means for protecting data stored on the server from break-in and stealing, as well as provides the integrity of site’s file archives. The latest technologies in the sphere of server software and complex antivirus packages are required for these needs. For example, modern server operating systems utilize the function of remote access based on the multi-factor user authentication system and are equipped with reliable integrated firewalls. Additionally the up-to-date version of the antivirus system for corporate segment is installed on the server platform. It creates the entire hierarchy of traffic control and regularly updates its databases.
Individual measures for providing reliable website protection from attacks
If the client has chosen a reliable hosting-provider, he should not worry about securing website from break-in, malware or hacker attacks on the global level. However, the negligence of user himself can lead to a critical situation, so the web resource owner should take care about the local security.
- Let’s start from simple things – choose rather complex access password. Deciphering such consequence requires inadequate time expenses and powerful technical resources.
- Fully exclude chances of using suspicious software on the computer used for administering the web resource. Take care of purchasing a licensed operating system and reliable antivirus. Also a necessary element of the complex site protection from hackers is a systematic scanning by antivirus programs and quarterly complete check by the means of SSL-certification.
- Use safe channels for data exchange with the resource. Today there are tens of such programs on the market. The VPN-servers concept implies reliable encoding of incoming and outcoming content from the user work station, as well as the change of the real IP-address. The complex of such actions will help to lower the chances of stealing confidential information, passwords and other identification data of the site owner, the encoding mechanism is secured by reliable cryptographic code that is practically impossible to hack.
- Using modern services for data backup will seriously simplify the data restoration, if the hacker actions result in success. Such system will help to cut the time and resource expenses for restoring the resource work even when critical logical errors occur. It will help to support the stability of all features.